Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Surgery Tomorrow!


Thank you to all who have been holding our family in your prayers! Tomorrow morning is my Dad's surgery here's a clip of my dad's email to explain it all....

"I received relatively good news this morning from the 10 member Kaiser Oncology Board. After each had felt my neck (and cumulatively given me about an hour neck message), I told them this was an awesome deal ... one hour message for $5 fee (my Kaiser plan payment). They laughed...
Result. It appears to them than the skin cancer (from sun radiation) had traversed down to the lymph nodes. Therefore the total path of travel must be removed. So, they plan to make an incision above the ear down to the lower neck to remove all flesh (fat) and lymph nodes (which hide in the "fat"). So, I will have a skin depression in this area. They will not remove the skin but merely fold it back while they remove the "insides". They must remove the Parotid Gland (as that is the "travel" route).... being careful to not injure the facial nerves that go through the Parotid Gland ... (or all I could give you is 1/2 a smile)."

Well there you go! Please keep him and the doctors in your prayers! Don't forget to put on your sunscreen my dear friends and family!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I will continue to pray for your sweet dad and for you and the family!! :( Hugs to you Sandy! love me xoxo