Monday, May 18, 2009

Time goes by so fast!

This morning I took Robert to a 6th Grade Introduction to Junior High at his new school. I am amazed at how life is going by so fast! My baby, my first born, is growing up! Robert graduates on June 5th from 6th grade, not so long ago I was walking him into kindergarten. Today, I had mixed feelings as I watched him at his new Jr. High Assembly, one of excitement, one of emptiness, if that's the right word. I'm so excited for Robert to be starting this new stage in life. It makes me excited when I see him get excited! On the other hand, as I drove Robert back to his elementary school, I got a pit in my stomach as we approached. The thought that things will never be the same, they are going to change because he's growing up. Tonight, my thought is to savor the time I have with my children because time goes by fast when I'm not paying attention to it!! I remember, my parents telling me when my kids were babies, to enjoy this time, it will go by very fast. Like always they were right, it is going by too fast!!

3 comments:

papa said...

If you think this event is tramatic... it is... but it is nothing like the day when Robert will move out to his own apartment... or to get married. That for me was the hardest.. ever... as nothing with ever be the same....
only when we all get to heaven and we are all together.. with it once again be wonderful. DAD

papa said...

but you must force yourself to disciple Robert, and Sammy and Michael ... to be people who can stand on their own (at the right time) ... even when you want to snuggle them.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh my gosh, how did this happen? we need to take the kids and run to a deserted island! hehehe honestly though, I remember when Robert was born. It seems like last year. WOW. That must have been so weird!!! You are SUCH a great mom Sandy, God is going to bless you through your kids!!!