Saturday, January 10, 2009

Friendly Neighborhood Bobcat, Not so Friendly!

I just witnessed my sweet bunny that I had saved from our mean, ugly, rattlesnake taken by one of our "Friendly neighborhood Bobcats". I emotionally adopted this sweet brown bunny back in November 07, it was about 4 weeks old when I first found it. The cutest tiny little bunny I have ever seen. Everyday I look out my window to check if my bunny is okay, well, today was a different story. I was standing in my kitchen from just coming in from the backyard and saw "him" our over sized Bobcat. He's quite beautiful! As I watched him, he looked at me, then... he got into pouncing position, out of the side yard hops my bunny. My bunny made a run for it but the bobcat was much faster. My heart dropped into my stomach as I watched that mean bobcat carry away my bunny in his mouth. :( Boo-hoo, I'm sad!!

2 comments:

Cherie Baker Vann said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I am so sad!!!

Ti said...

That's horrible. I'm not sure if it would have been better for the bunny to have just disappeared but either way it's so sad.

We have a bunny too.. a whole bunny family and I heard a bobcat the other night and it's been days since we've seen ours...

Oh..it's me Tina BTW ;)